Good Ground Good Life , Inc.
A Non-Profit Organization Empowering Young People To Lead Positive Lives
SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP, EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT and
About Good Ground Good Life
Good Ground Good Life, Inc. is a non-profit organization that utilizes community programs and outreach services to promote our Healthy Lifestyles Campaign. Our healthy lifestyles campaign is a movement to mobilize communities throughout the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area through life enrichment and empowerment focusing on six domains of health; including physical, emotional, financial, mental, spiritual and sexual health. Our goal is to develope relationships with service organizations and financial stakeholders linking individuals with the proper programs, services and resources through community initiatives. Our philosophy is, together with families, schools, community leaders and community members, we can assist in developing sustainable and measurable support systems to promote change and produce positive outcomes.
Our mission is to develop, nurture, educate, inspire, and empower at-risk and under-served inner city youth and their families through personal, social and academic programs.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Our programs are comprehensive in nature focusing on sharply targeted behavior change interventions through increased positive interactions. Our key achievments include:
* (2005 - 2008) Provided Vocational Skills Training for over 30 youth in collaboration with Department of Employment Services
* (2007) 1st Place Winner Washington Football Team All Stars Community Service Initiative
* (2008) 6th Place Winner Washington Football Team All Stars Community Service Initiative
* (2008) City-Wide Youth Violence Grant Award for Prevention Initiative in the Trinidad Community
* (2009) Ward 5 ANC Community Grant Award providing computer technology training for over 60 youth
* (2010-2011) Department of Health (HAHSTA) Effie Barry Year I and II Grant Recipient
* (2010) Over 35 youth and young adults successfully completed the Digital Connectors and the Community Mapping Project
* (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013) Received over $85,000 in Grant Awards for summer youth programing through CYITC
* (2012) Five 3GL Youth Ambassadors were selected for the Washington DC Youth Force as spokespersons for AIDS 2012 Conference
* (2012) One of only 7 grantees awarded a citywide Department of Health APRA SPF-SIG Substance Abuse Prevention Grant
* (2012) Selected by Department of Parks and Recreation to provide training at DPR's Fall 2012 Professional Development Conference
* (2013) Obtained over 150 youth pledges to remain drug-free and committ to education and academic achievement
* (2013) Year II Department of Health APRA SPF-SIG Grant recipient
* (2013) Established official partnership with TD Bank for community initiatives
*(2014) Established official partnership with Macy's
*(2015) 1st Annual Silent Auction at the Room and Board
(2016) Established the iGot it Program (TBA)
(2019) Google Ads Grant
(2020) Washington Football Team Loads of Love Grant
Our Founder, Delyon Gigger
Mr. Delyon Gigger founded Good Ground Good Life (GGGL) in 2001. As a result of seeing the many hardships youth experience while growing up, Mr. Gigger decided to create programs that would provide options and opportunities to disadvantaged youth. Through vision and passion he began mentoring adolescent children after school in a local park, engaging and allowing them to express their uniqueness through reading and rap sessions. Mr. Gigger received the" Genius of the Beloved Community Award" for his work with at-risk youth and ex-offenders. In addtion, Mr. Gigger was named 2006 Foster Parent of the Year by the Girls and Boystown of America. After resigning from the United States Postal Services to dedicate all of his time, efforts, and resources to philanthropic services, Mr. Gigger has stated, "It is an honor from God to care for our neighborhoods and communities across the country".